Dr. Ali Mohamed Ahmed
Sr. Director of Network Technology, Trispec Communications
Dr. Ali Mohamed Ahmed is an executive with more than 20 years of technology and engineering leadership experience with major, publicly listed, telecommunications companies worldwide including in North America with Rogers Communications and in Europe with UPC in Poland, iesy/UnityMedia in Germany, MoscowCableCom in Russia and News Corp Europe in the UK.
He also has provided technology expertise and advice to Private Equity & Venture Capital companies including Apax Partners, Goldman Sachs, and Columbus Nova.
His areas of expertise include:
- Services Platforms (VoIP, VOD, SVoD, Digital TV, HSD, IPTV, nPVR),
- Network Service Platforms (DNS, DHCP, CAS, etc.),
- Transport Networks (IP Core, Metro Ethernet, CDN),
- Data Centers (Public/Private/Hybrid cloud, CaaS, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS),
- Access Networks (HFC, FFTx, Wireless (3G, LTE, 5G)),
- Home Networks (WIFI, MoCA),
- CPE HW&SW architectures (DVB-STB, IP-STB, Middleware, RDK, HLS, DASH, MPEG4, HEVC, CA/DRM, TR-69, iOS, Android),
- Applications (Native, Hybrid, HTML-5/CSS3/JS, RESTful APIs)
Dr. Ahmed has published many technical articles and papers in various European and International journals covering topics in the area of telecommunications networks and systems. Ali has a Ph.D. in Telecommunications and a Master of Science degree in engineering, both from the Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology - Warsaw University of Technology, Poland.
He is a member of IEEE - Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineers, IEEE Broadcast Technology Society, SCTE - Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, IEEE Young Professionals and IEEE Rebooting Computing Community.